Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kappa Delta Recruitment 2010

So, for the next three weeks, I will be going through a process called Panhalletic Recruitment. Kappa Delta, plus nine other houses will be rushing girls of every age, grade, and ethnic background. This is a process that I have had the honor of going through two times. I am kind of nervous, as well as excited to see the new potential members.

It is like a high when talking to all the new potential members. When I am standing on the stairs of the Kappa Delta house, anticipating the doors opening to let the new girls in, I get a nervous feeling that excites me. The fact of getting to meet so many amazing girls, is such an honor and thrill at the same time.

When the end of the three weeks is up, we then decide on our new members. The process is a hard and long one, but one well worth going through.

On bid day, which is when all the new potential members find out their houses, it is a day of happiness and new beginnings. Just seeing the new girls running up to our house with smiling faces and sometimes tears, is an amazing and epic feeling.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment