Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Awkward encounters =)

So, it was just the other day, and I was in one of my many recruitment meetings that I have to drag my butt to on a daily basis. We were mock rushing girls in our house, and showing them the basics of how to rush a girl the right way. I was one of the girls getting mock rushed in my house. So, being who I am, I was going to make this an experience they would not forget!

With this, I decided to have an alter ego named Chevelle. I told this girl that my name was Chevelle and that I was a super senior at EIU. I told her that I was on the EIU cheer team for two years, but got kicked off for alcohol problems. I then proceeded to tell her that I then went to alcohol counseling, but it didn't help.

I then told her that I joined Student Government, but got kicked off for sleeping with all the boys on the executive board.

She then asked me why I wanted to join a sorority. I told her it was because of boys and booze. I had her rolling on the floor with laughter. Another girl then came up to me and started to mock recruit me. She said I had a very pretty name. At that very moment my mind went back to the movie "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby," and I told her I was named after the car that I was conceived in! It was epic!

She then asked about my kid that I named Minnie after Minnie Mouse (of course!). After all of this crap that I was telling them, it was then time to end the mock rush. They did a great job handling my awkwardness and it made me proud to have them in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment