Saturday, September 11, 2010

Kid Fest = I need a drink fest!

So, I am doing an internship for Sarah Busch Lincoln. This internship is called I Sing The Body Electric, and it is a program that helps kids and teens to form healthy behaviors by expressing themselves through art. Sounds fun, and it really is!

Well, today I had to attend an event for my internship called Kid Fest. This was an event that lets kids just be kids! It had healthy snacks, prizes, jumping houses, and crafts. Well, I was in charged of crafts and I thought this would be a fun, happy experience.

 I WRONG!

These kids were crazy, obnoxious, annoying shits who made huge messes and annoyed me. Now, don't get me wrong, I love kids......but this was just a little to much kid for me.

I made it through the day though, and now, as I write this blog, I am drinking a cold Budweiser! Boy does it taste good!

Well it was well worth it in the end. To see happy, healthy kids is a wonderful sight. So, as I sit here and drink, lets hold our beers high and cheers to healthy kids and the keeping of my sanity! =)

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment