Thursday, September 30, 2010

Here's looking at you kid

Have you ever just had that one movie that you could watch over. and over, and over, and over!? That one movie that you could just quote through out the whole viewing of it, or even when the movie is not even on? Well, I have that one movie and it is Casablanca.

I am such an old movie buff, and Casablanca is my all time favorite. Ever since I was a little girl watching old movies with my dad, I fell in love with the movie just for the shear fact of the romance, love, thrills, and chills of the movie.

The movie is about two star crossed lovers that met during WWII. Their names were Rick and Ilsa. They met in France during the German invasion. They were madly in love, until Isla found out her husband had escaped from the Germans and was still alive. A few years later, Ilsa ends up walking into Ricks gin joint and rekindling old feelings. In the end though, Rick ended making her leave with her husband, to leave Rick standing Casablanca all alone.

I know it was a very vague briefing of the movie, but it is certainly an amazing movie and one that everyone should watch and ad to their movie collections. Thanks to my father, I have a wonderful apprecitation for older movies and what was really "good acting." Too bad not everyone can enjoy a good old black and white film. So, go to your local movie store, get a black and white film( preferably a Bogart or Cagney film) and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment